Thursday, April 29, 2010

Las Vegas



Ryan wants a Subaru STI really bad but we obviously can't afford one nor do I really care to have one. So Ryan decided instead he could just get an STI engine to build in the garage for a project. He looked and looked on the internet for engine but couldn't ever find exactly what he wanted or for a good enough price. Then he ran across a listing on craigslist for an STI engine block for $400. He called the guy and he said Ryan could have it for $300 since we would travel to pick it up. So last Saturday me and Ryan drove 6 hours to Las Vegas, picked up the engine block with the crank, ate at Reb Robin (Ryan's idea so I wouldn't be mad about the whole thing haha) and then drove 6 hours back home. The guy Ryan bought it from used to own a shop which is no longer running so he is just trying to get rid of all his supplies he had left. So happy early birthday to Ryan. (It was his idea that it could be his present)



He has started cleaning the engine block as you can tell in the picture. After he cleans it really well he has to get a few parts to help put it together. Ryan and his brother want to build an STI together and race it...whatever :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL ya I guess...he didn't even ask me really if he could get it until after he had already worked it out with the guy. So I guess I couldn't say no and that's why he took me to Red Robin haha. What a punk! Now he needs to buy me a sewing machine and put money back into savings so we can go to Garett's wedding.

    ReplyDelete