Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to Washington



On April first we drove 17 hours to Moses lake. Ryan's Grandpa Sear passed away so we went home to be there for his memorial. I've never had my ankles swell before that trip. The night...well morning we got to Moses I realized as I was laying down in bed that my ankles had swelled. I thought that when my ankles would swell it would be evenly fat all the way around but I was wrong. My ankles had swollen doughnut rings around them! It was weird.



It was nice to be home. I got to eat at The Tree Cafe with my parents :) and Ryan went to a Muse concert in Seattle with his brother the first day we were there. We ate Chico's twice when we were home...once with the Jones' and once with the Kofoeds. We stayed at my parent's house so they filled up an Easter basket for us to share. :) Ryan's neices and nephews had an Easter egg hunt and Jonathan and Becca's house. After the egg hunt we all headed over to Grandma Sear's for Grandpa's memorial.



The memorial was really nice. It was held at Grandma Sear's and just immediate family was there. Madisyn sang a song, Krystalynn told her favorite jokes that her and Grandpa shared together, Danita read some emails from family, Grandpa's life story was told and everyone took turns telling their favorite memories and things about Grandpa.



We were able to stay in Moses for about a week. It was really nice to visit with everyone and see all the family. We visited Grandpa Jones. I believe he is 95 years old now. He still gets up everyday and does work in and outside the house but he doesn't think he is going to last much longer. He still looks pretty good though. I think he is a cute old man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment